Taking the Uniform CPA Examination
Note: The new CPA exam (Core + Discipline model) will become effective in January 2024. There are important dates for registering for various exam sessions in Fall 2023. Go here for the new digital CPA Exam Booklet.
Follow these steps to take the CPA Exam in Maine. “You Got This!”
- Visit the Maine CPA Exam page of the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy to review Information for Applications, fee information and exam requirements
- Read The Candidate Bulletin before submitting an application online or through the mail
- Submit your application
- Receive your Notice to Schedule (NTS) after it’s determined you are eligible to take one or more sections of the exam and have paid all fees. This lists the sections of the exam you are approved to take
- Schedule your exam with Prometric online, or by calling 1.800.580.9648
- Distribution of scores is the responsibility of the Maine Board of Accountancy.
- For information about scoring, read ”Uniform CPA Examination FAQs”