Holiday Giving: Immigrant Refugee Services Wishlist
Holiday List for Families in Need
- Snow Pants
- Game Boards
- Basic toys
- Extra Batteries
- Drawing Tools
- Painting Tools
- Coloring Books
- Personal hygiene items
- Hand & body lotion
- Diapers & wipes
- Disposable razors
- Bath Sponge
- Bar Soap
- Plastic travel cups
- Tools (Hammer, screwdriver, wrench etc.)
- Sewing Kits
LISTENUP! Meet Member Emanuele Porretto
KPMG Future Leaders Program - Apply Now!
Maine Tax Portal will Improve Access and Efficiency in Tax Filing Process
Tax season is about to get easier! On the Maine Tax Portal, a new online system of Maine Revenue Services, businesses will be able to file, pay, and manage taxes online 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The new Maine Tax Portal, will be available for most business taxpayers December 1, 2022. It will replace I-File, EZ-Pay, and MEETRS, which will be deactivated for most business taxpayers March 31, 2023.
Here's what you need to do:
- Gather your records. Print filing and payment history from I-File, EZ-Pay, and MEETRS from the past three years.
- 2. Check the schedule. Confirm when the Maine Tax Portal will be available for the types of taxes you pay. [Link to rollout schedule] https://www.maine.gov/revenue/portal
- Create a username and password at maine.gov/revenue/portal.
- Talk to your tax preparer. Third-party tax professionals will need to set up their own accounts, and get your authorization to access your accounts.
Learn more here. [link to landing page: maine.gov/revenue/portal]
Have questions? Get answers here [link to FAQ] https://www.maine.gov/revenue/portal
Diversity Equity & Inclusion in the Accounting Profession
DEI is " good business" for firms and employers of all sizes according to this recent CPA Journal article